• The word “generic” comes from the same Latin root word “gene” which means “birth” or “beget” and gives us “genus” meaning race, class, or kind. It’s also the root of “general” meaning “affecting
• Early sleeping potions were composed of apples and urine. The malic acid in apples combined with uric acid to produce a potion capable of interfering with nerve function, inducing calmness
• In January of 2008, owners of the New England Patriots attempted to trademark “19-0” referring to their presumed perfect season, just before the Super Bowl,
Today I was in a shoe store that sells only shoes, nothing else. A young girl with a tattoo and green hair walked over to me and asked, “What brings you in today?
1. What is the term applied to any state the government of which is devoted primarily to the achievement of religious ends?
2. What do you call the small, crewless undersea missile that is self-propelled and self-steered?
3. Name the capital city of Ontario, Canada.
4. What is the branch of theoretical mechanics concerned with the transformation of motion into heat and vice versa?
5. Who was the doubter among the Twelve Apostles?
6. Name the gland situated at the front of the neck that consists of two lobes in the sides of the trachea, connected by a narrow isthmus.
7. It could be morsels of food, or some choice pleasing bits of anything, such as information, news, or gossip? What could it be?
8. What region of China does the Dalai Lama hail from?
9. If your breath were bad you would want one of these.
10. You don’t want to get caught in one of these: an unusually large sea wave produced by a seaquake or undersea volcanic eruption. What is it?
11. Name the largest member of the cat family and an excellent golfer.
12. What Mexican city is very close to San Diego, California?
13. “Dost thou love life? Then waste not _________; for ________ is the stuff that life is made of.” Ben Franklin
14. Name the metallic chemical element referred to by the symbol Sn.
15. When you donate to your church one-tenth of your earnings what word refers to that act?
16. Name the English ocean liner that sank just before midnight on April 14, 1912.
17. What is the capital city of Japan?
18. What does the “t” stand for in BLT?
19. What is the capital city of Kansas?
20. What word refers to a word, design, or other symbol used to identify the goods of a manufacturer or merchant and to distinguish them from similar products manufactured or sold by others?