• The word “diamond” comes from the Greek word “adamas” meaning “indestructible” or “untamed.”
• Franciscan friars started making a mild white cheese in Monterey, California, in the 1800s. The cheese was marketed by David Jacks and became known as “Jack’s cheese” before morphing into Monterey Jack.
• Mozzarella is an Italian cheese originally made in Naples area. The word “mozzarella” started out as the Latin word “mutius” meaning “blunt” or “cut off” presumably because
A one-dollar bill met a twenty-dollar bill and said, “Hey, where have you been? I haven’t seen you around here much.”
1. What is the term applied to any state the government of which is devoted primarily to the achievement of religious ends?
2. What do you call the small, crewless undersea missile that is self-propelled and self-steered?
3. Name the capital city of Ontario, Canada.
4. What is the branch of theoretical mechanics concerned with the transformation of motion into heat and vice versa?
5. Who was the doubter among the Twelve Apostles?
6. Name the gland situated at the front of the neck that consists of two lobes in the sides of the trachea, connected by a narrow isthmus.
7. It could be morsels of food, or some choice pleasing bits of anything, such as information, news, or gossip? What could it be?
8. What region of China does the Dalai Lama hail from?
9. If your breath were bad you would want one of these.
10. You don’t want to get caught in one of these: an unusually large sea wave produced by a seaquake or undersea volcanic eruption. What is it?
11. Name the largest member of the cat family and an excellent golfer.
12. What Mexican city is very close to San Diego, California?
13. “Dost thou love life? Then waste not _________; for ________ is the stuff that life is made of.” Ben Franklin
14. Name the metallic chemical element referred to by the symbol Sn.
15. When you donate to your church one-tenth of your earnings what word refers to that act?
16. Name the English ocean liner that sank just before midnight on April 14, 1912.
17. What is the capital city of Japan?
18. What does the “t” stand for in BLT?
19. What is the capital city of Kansas?
20. What word refers to a word, design, or other symbol used to identify the goods of a manufacturer or merchant and to distinguish them from similar products manufactured or sold by others?