Display until March 24, 2015
The Neatest Little Paper Ever Read ®
1. What do you call the science or technology of extracting metals from ores, purifying them, and making useful objects from the metals?
2. Name the branch of philosophy that studies the ultimate nature and structure of the world.
3. What do you call the visible light that is seen when a solid object from space encounters the earth’s atmosphere?
4. The oldest person ever to have lived (969 years) is mentioned in the Old Testament. What was his name?
5. Name the town located on the Mexican border that is the capital of the state of Baja California, situated in the northwestern part of the country, opposite Calexico, California.
6. It could be a beach in Florida, a University in Ohio, or a city in northeastern Oklahoma. Name it.
7. What is the name of the archangel mentioned in both the Old and New Testaments?
8. Name the Renaissance artist that carved the marble statue of David and painted the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel in Rome.
9. The capital of this state is Lansing.
10. Name the branch of biology that deals with the study of the morphology, physiology, and interrelationships of plants and animals of microscopic and submicroscopic size.
11. What is the term employed to designate the period in European history between ancient and modern times?
12. What do most people call a really bad headache?
13. What is the word used to describe the movement of animals from one place to another?
14. Name the second-largest city in Italy.
15. What word do we use to name the hazy glow in the sky created from the light of the billions of stars in our own galaxy?
16. What do you call a period of one thousand years?
17. Name the word, taken from the Latin word for “servant,” that is used to designate an individual with authority to conduct Christian rites or services?
18. These arthropods are the smaller cousins of the tick.
19. What is the name of the bird that is famous for its beautiful song and its ability to imitate the calls of other birds and some human sounds?
20. What do you call the style of haircut in which a single row of hair is left down the center of the head and the rest is shaved bald?